Today is election day in the US and if you haven't already, please GO VOTE! Personally, I don't want to have to review all the after-election-complainers-who-didn't-vote-and-who-whine-about-"their-guy"-not-being-elected! So get to the polls already!
Cons of Disney taking over Lucasfilm:
2. Disney will continue to introduce characters into the Star Wars universe who will rival the likes of Jar Jar Binks (this is not a good thing if you're a fan)
3. Disney will ignore or screw up the timeline of the entire Star Wars universe. Again, if you don't understand the importance of this statement, ask a real fan.
4. Disney will want to create a Star Wars princess for every movie they make. There will only be one princess ever so this is not a good thing!
5. Disney will move the current Clone Wars cartoon program to the Disney Channel (from Cartoon Network). It's already hard enough being a fan and not get criticized for watching a cartoon but to move it to the Disney Channel will make the situation so.much.worse.
6. Disney owns everything. Someone needs to put a stop to their buying up every company ever created. It's just not right.
1. Disney already has a couple of pretty cool Star Wars themed rides at their parks. Hopefully, they will add more. Maybe even develop an entire Star Wars themed park of its own. The fans would approve.
2. Disney doesn't usually do things half-assed. Therefore, it stands to reason that future movies will be top-notch! (As long as they keep the cutesy characters out of the picture. And excess princesses. See #2 and #4 above).
3. There is a great big Star Wars universe beyond the 6 movies most people are familiar with. George Lucas never had much interest in bringing that expanded universe to life. Maybe there's a Star Wars geek at Disney who will make it a reality? That would be the best of the pros.
4. George Lucas earned a cool $4.02 billion. The man deserves it. I mean, he created the Star Wars phenomenon, after all!
And that's all I have to say about that. If you've been talking about this in your home (or workplace) - and why wouldn't you? - I would love your input. Your thoughts. Your Star Wars hopes and dreams. Share with me - and may the force be with you!
Item: Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm
Location: You can read about it here
Worth it?: In the long run, I think Disney is the perfect new owner for Lucasfilm and I am looking forward to the continuing Star Wars saga. I'm just hoping they do it right!